Requirements for admission
The following aspects of your application will be checked out by the academic assessors.
1. Academic record
First year of Master
- BSc degree level (i.e. 180 ECTS) or equivalent, in physics, optics, or science and technology.
- Foreign students have to hold a graduate diploma equivalent of a graduate level of 180 ECTS in the European system.
Second year of Master
- First-year students upon approval by the academic assessors
- Engineering students upon approval by the academic assessors
- Foreign students having successfully completed the first year of M.S. or equivalent upon approval, by the academic assessors
Teaching and examination being given in English, the candidate must have a good level in English.
Describe your motivation to undertake the Master and relevance to your professional development. Explain why you apply, your present situation, your interest in the degree, your ideas of research, and your intentions after this degree. Do not overlook your motivation statement since it is an integrant part of your application file.
1 . The following documents will be required for each application:
- The SISE application should be completed with all information requested. The application is to submitted through our online application system at https://international-sciencemasters.univ-st-etienne.fr/login or https://candidatures2.univ-st-etienne.fr/ecandidat/#!accueilView
- A Curriculum Vitae (written in English) stating the main personal information (birth name, birth date, citizenship, address, …) the studies since high school (degrees, institutions, grades) as well as any professional experience and any other relevant information.
- A dated and signed personal motivation statement, written in English, describing the reasons for application to the Master SISE
- Copies of transcripts or other academic records that give proof on the undergraduate and first graduate studies, including credits and grades achieved in each single subject. Documents from outside France must be either in English or in original language accompanied by a certified English translation. Depending on the home countries, applicants may be asked to provide Certificates of Authenticity issued by recognized diplomatic or administrative authorities.
- A copy of your valid passport (non EU applicants) or identity card (EU applicants only) (validity should be extended to at least six months after the end of the two-year Master programme)
- For non EU applicant only: an extract of your birth certificate translated in English or French.
If you need assistance for submitting the application, or have questions about the master program, contact email@example.com
2 . Selection Results
The academic assessors of the Master SISE inform the students as soon as possible on the final decision before the end of June.
Application deadlines and submission
Send your application through the online system at https://international-sciencemasters.univ-st-etienne.fr/login or https://candidatures2.univ-st-etienne.fr/ecandidat/#!accueilView
Deadline : 30th of June 2017